NEED ORLANDO PROPERTY MANAGEMENT FOR YOUR VACATION RENTALS?
HERE'S A FEW THINGS YOU CAN LEARN
If you are already a Orlando vacation homes owner, you must be looking for Orlando property management qualified for your real estate. Perhaps you are having a bad experience with your current property manager, considering that in the past few years many companies emerged, improvised without the structure and the experience necessary to fulfill this complex work.
Can you imagine how difficult is to manage 100 different Orlando vacation homes, located in different communities far away from each other?
Yes, of course. You just didn’t have thought about it yet. This is a work for large companies, well-structured and recognized. It can hardly be done by friends, neighbors, janitors or anyone without clearly defined skills, even if well intentioned.
10 TIPS TO CHOOSE A QUALIFIED ORLANDO PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
TO CHOOSE A GREAT PROPERTY MANAGER IS THE FIRST STEP TO AVOID PROBLEMS
1. DON’T CLING ON DETAILS
Do not worry if your vacation homes has a scratch on the wall or a burnt light bulb. No staff is perfect. This is an activity with hundreds of variables. Many employees perform different tasks such as cleaning, maintenance, supervision, reservations and customer service. So it is common to have some imperfection. Concentrate on the final results and revenues.
2. EVALUATE THE STRUCTURE OF THE CHOSEN PROPERTY MANAGEMENT COMPANY.
Visit the company’s office. Observe how many cars they have on their fleet. How many employees do they have on maintenance and cleaning? Observe if there is a well-defined division of tasks between managers. They need to be experienced and professional.
3. BE AWARE WITH DECEPTIVE PROMISSES:
- Exemption of Management fee for a long period; – Promise of high occupancy rates without written warranty; – High earnings forecast without written warranty; Many disreputable companies will do anything to get your Orlando vacation rental, even if they have to return it soon after.
4. ASK TO CHECK FINANCIAL STATEMENTS FROM OTHER ORLANDO VACATION RENTALS.
This can give a good idea of the average income of properties similar to yours. Many companies make abusive charges on maintenance and cleaning services.
BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING CONTRACT CLAUSES
- How the Termination of Contract is made– Do not accept expensively fines or deadlines superior to 90 days - In case of cancellation, how it will be your Future Reserves – You will be required to honor them - Monthly Management Fees – Average of $150 per month - Comissions Fees – Between 10% e 35%, depending on the sales model
6. GET TO KNOW THE MECHANISMS OF MARKETING AND SALES ADOPTED BY PROPERTY MANAGER.
If you expect that your property manager will be also responsible for your Orlando vacation rentals, ask about their sales techniques. Currently, this is one of the major causes of owners’ dissatisfaction.
7. ASK ABOUT QUALITY AND QUANTITY OF INVENTORY.
It is good to know how many and how are the managed homes. Choose companies that have a similar inventory of your vacation homes. The quality of the inventory tells you about the marketing strategy and maintenance of the Orlando vacation home rentals.
8. USE OF HOME AUTOMATION
Rate the intensity of the use of modern technology in inventory management. Today it is practically required the property manager to use home automation systems to control locking and air conditioning through the internet, ensuring greater safety and cost savings on your property.
9. INSTITUTIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS
Ask if your Property Manager is a member of the Property Management Association of Orlando (CFVRMA), the Local Tourism Bureau (Visit Orlando, Experience Kissimmee), the Local Partnership Programs (Disney Orlando Vacation Rentals Network) and many others.